On Mar 25, 2006, at 11:54 PM, John Ervine wrote:

I have the same bulbs now in the wagon, and they are very, very nice. However, I still plan to install relays and some nice 100/90s. Both the 300TD and the
240D will be getting an alternator upgrade as part of that deal.

--
John L. Ervine

I've used 100/90s and they get real hot. I had 3 Sylvania bulbs that actually melted the glass of the bulb. I can honestly say, other than drawing more current they did not seem any brighter than the bulbs I am currently using (60/55 Silver Stars) without relays. I get an oncoming car flashing their brights at me about once a month. Of course, if you like all the extra wires, relays and fuses/ breakers go for it. I did and found little benefit. 60/55s will be easier to get off the shelf replacements for too. I ended up with 1 100/90 and a 60/55 on my way back from Key West last year due to lack of availability. YMMV.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am