Chris Browet schrieb:
> Boris,
>
> Sorry to say but you are not very constructive in your trollish email.

Now come on! I don't invent this. The version does not work on my
system, that's for sure. I have tried several times, and the crash is
100% reproducible.
> It would have been nice to report your problems BEFORE the release.
> That's why there was a freeze period, to solve problems/bugs.

I have tested almost every of the svn versions and all have worked for
me, now what do you expect from me, I'm not a fortune teller, am I?

> Now, please stop with your 0.13.2 stuff. You want to use that version
> exclusively, you're most welcome. As already said, the version is
> available on the site (although not linked).
well, at least this version works perfectly for me, without freezes,
incorrect mouse readings, and it is very seldomly crashing or uploading
bullshit.

But what I have written is true, most people that have given merkaartor
a try are frustrated and have turned their back on it. Maybe I have not
made my point clear: I wish merkaartor the best, an therefore I propose
to give anyone a safe harbour, so that the testing experience is not a
bad one. And in my opinion, the most stable version is v0.13.2. Anyone
should have the chance to test a 'good' version, so his tolerance for
some annoyances will be bigger.

As one says, the first cut is the deepest!

> not moving forward is actually going backward...

...said the rabbit approaching the trap.

But allright, the troll will remain silent, dammit.