George Woltman wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>         I've exchanged email with the discoverer.  It looks like we've found
> the 39th known Mersenne prime - not a hacking attempt.  Well done everyone!

Hooray for us!

The first prime since I started.

Would it be a reasonably easy task to compute and post the total
(approximate) number of LL P90 years since the last prime was found?
That would give a (simple-minded, inaccurate, and meaningless except to
me) estimate of what percentage my almost-40 years represent toward the
total effort.

I know it is a small amount, dwarfed by many, but knowing the number
would help me personalize the event.

Congratulations and thank you to George and all the others who have made
it possible for so many of us to be a part of this fun.

Gerry
--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]