Hi,

At 03:24 PM 10/31/98 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>I reserved one machine for double checking using IPS'
>manual reservation form. I was suprised to see that
>Prime95 started factoring and was even more suprised
>that it found several factors. Why the factoring if they
>have been LL-tested before?

The optimal breakeven point for factoring vs. LL testing
changes every time the factoring code or LL code changes.
In the old days, the breakeven point was 2^56, now its 2^57.

>Another question is how
>I can be sure the program is double-checking and not
>doing the original LL test over again, which I am afraid
>it does when pasting the form's output into worktodo.ini?

You must be running version 17, otherwise you are just
repeating the previous test.  When you're using the automatic
method the server won't assign double-checks to a version 16
client, but when using the web pages the server just trusts you.

Regards,
George