I'd like to search for Mersenne primes on my SMP Linux box. Info on
the search is at:

http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm

Machine is a dual Celeron 466, 256 megs. It is my server, basically
single-user, powered up 24/7 and I'm not there all time. RedHat 6.1,
2.2.x kernel.

I'd like to run one copy of the search code in such a way that it
monopolises one CPU, in hopes it will succeed relatively quickly.
Is there a way to do that?

I'd also like to run a second copy at low priority, set up so it will
not interfere with either the primary prime searcher or anything else
I want to do with the machine.

I'm assuming here that there's no multi-threading in the search code,
that it would not be useful to try and run one search using both CPUs.
Is that accurate?