Some of you may have noticed, as I have, that the incomplete double-checks
in the 2-2.5M range have been being finished up very quickly the past few
weeks, much more so than the past several months.

A quick look in the cleared exponents file reveals many recent results
reported by a user "rick" who apparently has several fast Pentium IIs
doing double-checks. A look in the the assignments file reveals not a
single small exponent reserved by this user.

Not a big deal in the greater scheme of things, but frustrating to people
like diamonddave and myself who make an effort to seek out the smaller
exponents and reserve them.

I don't know exactly what our policy is on this matter, or what we can do
about it the the facts are as they seem to be. But it seemed worth
bringing the matter up.

Gordon Bower