Perhaps I'm a little under-speed here ...

I understood that the $100,000 award was for the first 10 million digit (that is to say 10 million decimal digit Mersenne Prime).

Now a number of 10 million decimals is approx. 33 million bits long i.e. the Prime Exponent would be approx. 33 million.

And I'm sure some of you have read the theories about the "missing Mersenne", and the analysis done on the sequence of known Mersenne Primes. If they turn out to be accurate, then we might be better looking at the 47 - 49 million Prime Exponent range.

For interest, has anyone calculated benchmarks, or run LL tests in those ranges; I guess not many, 8 months is a long time to wait for a result !!

Dave

"And the winning ticket in this year's Christmas Raffle is number 111111111111111111111111111......"