OK, the San Francisco Bay area GIMPS get-together will
take place this coming Friday, 7. December, in the south
bay area (precise venue to be decided soon - see below.)
Any GIMPS participant or Mersenne prime fan is welcome
to join us, along with anyone else you'd like to bring -
this is not a formal party.For those not coming from the San Jose area, the venue
will be close to a Caltrain station, and hence should be
reachable from e.g. SFO airport or other outlying areas.
I'm also going to try to arrange what ridesharing I can,
so if you can provide a ride or need a ride, please let
me know. I looks like several folks from far-flung places
will be attending, so should be a quite interesting
company. Alas, Luke Welsh can't attend, but he suggested
several venues, two of which form my short list.

1) Tied House, Mountain View
2) Faultline Brewery, Sunnyvale

1) is very close to a Caltrain station; 2) supposedly
has very good food. Luke also mentioned the Tied House
in downtown San Jose, but I've heard it's often very
crowded and not as easy in terms of public transit access
as the one in Mountain View.

So, if you plan to attend and have been to both places
(I've not been to (2)), your preference would be most
valuable. I hope to finalize the location this afternoon,
so out-of-towners will have a reasonable amount of time
to make their plans.

Since the proverbial M#39 cat is out of the proverbial
bag, the guess-the-new-Mersenne-prime-exponent contest
is officially cancelled. I was hoping to have a prime
poster signed by all the attendees to give to the winner,
but I don't think they'll be ready by then, anyway.

Cheers,
-Ernst