At 10:08 AM 1/28/03 -0500, George Woltman wrote:
At 09:36 PM 1/27/2003 -0800, Mary K. Conner wrote:
Garo identified some Team_Prime_Rib exponents in there.
I'll exempt all Team_Prime_Rib exponents

Looking at the other exponents in the factoring range
I'm not worried about reclaiming factoring assignments right now.

The tsc machines show some very odd behavior. The exponents do a "red light, green light" game. One exponent I've been following started at 5, went to 2, back up to 5, then ran all the way up to 15 before dropping back to nothing and now it shows a 1. Others are similarly dancing around
When factoring, the iterations will increase from 1 to 15 for each bit level. In
other words, the field provides no useful information for trial factoring
assignments.
Far be it from me to tell you that you are wrong, but that is not at all consistent with what I observe with my own exponents. For instance, exponent 19373911 shows a 9 right now, it connected a short while ago and the machine is early in the 66 bit pass. The percent complete is about to hit 12.5%, at which time I should be able to force a manual connect and then it will show a 10. Yep, it now shows a 10.