Mersenne Digest        Monday, January 5 2004        Volume 01 : Number 1102

Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 08:09:03 +0000
From: "Brian J. Beesley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Mersenne: Hyperthreading & ABIT IS7

On Saturday 03 January 2004 04:23, Terry S. Arnold wrote:
> I just brought up a new box with P4 3.0 on an ABIT IS& MB. I only appear to
> be getting 50% of the cycles for Prime95. I am running XP Pro SP1.
>
> How do I get the full power available to Prime95?

Errm - are you sure the OS isn't counting cycles in the "virtual" processor
as well as the real one?

If you're getting reasonable iteration times (similar to those on the
benchmarks page - well actually they should be a bit better if you're using
the current version of prime95) then your system is working OK. If you really
are getting only half the cycles then your iteration time will be about 2x
those on the benchmarks page.

Alternatively temporarily disable HTT in the BIOS & see how much your
iteration time changes. Even so you should probably leave HTT on since it
should improve interactive response when Prime95 is running in the background.