On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Benjamin Franzke
<benjaminfran...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Removing this flag seems right to me, but always building the egl
> state tracker when gallium and egl is enabled not.
> So when --with-state-trackers is also removed, we'd need a new
> --with-egl-drivers=auto|gallium,dri2,glx or so.

Isn't --with-egl-platforms good enough to select among fbdev, wayland,
one-day-maybe dri, ...? I don't see a reason for another option. You
can choose between dri and xlib (st/glx) already using
--with-driver=dri|xlib.

I believe that most people (i.e. non-devs) don't want to
enable/disable Gallium, most people don't even know what that actually
means. But they certainly want two things: choose drivers for their
hardware and choose public APIs for them. Whether a driver is classic
or Gallium shouldn't matter. Gallium has absolutely nothing to do with
public APIs, it's an internal thing and should stay internal. I assume
the word gallium in "--with-gallium-drivers" is just transitional.

So if I choose --with-gallium-drivers=r300 --enable-egl
--enable-openvg, I expect OpenGL and OpenVG support in EGL (with
default EGL platforms) for r300g, and the OpenGL DRI driver for r300g
(because DRI is enabled by default).

Marek