Michel Dänzer wrote:
On 27/10/16 07:52 PM, Andy Furniss wrote:
Andy Furniss wrote:
Michel Dänzer wrote:
On 26/10/16 08:07 PM, Andy Furniss wrote:

The bad = Starting with DRI3 (which is default) I still get trashed
rendering full screen. Windowed including re-sizing seems OK.

I use Fluxbox window manager, which does not use compositing -
IIRC this has historically shown some ddx DRI2/3 issue that wasn't
visible to those testing with compositing (but then the full screen
case may avoid compositing anyway depending on settings).

You may be running into a DDX driver issue fixed by
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/118514/ .

Yes, that was it, OK with that patch.

Though "OK", sub-optimal loosing pageflip on tonga, as a vsync test
fails top 5% of screen unless I force GPU perf high.

Not related to this patch directly of course, but I am a bit surprised
that on auto powerplay the tonga is too slow to make 60Hz.

It's not too slow for 60 Hz (or you'd get dropped frames), the blit just
doesn't finish within the vertical blank period.

Yea, I didn't word that very well, and also didn't say res (1080p)
making it even less useful.

Naive question = does the blit have to be "backwards", seems I wouldn't
notice if it were the same way as scanout?

I guess I am being far too simplistic here, not knowing even the most
basic detail, like what format is the actual framebuffer that gets
scanned out really kept in?

I know it ends up as BGR0 if grabbed by ffmpeg/gstreamer via X, which
leads to another thought/question. Currently to record screen with VCE
is quite bottle necked by copy to ram/convert to nv12 and copy back.

Are there any show stopping issues that would preclude avoiding the
copy and doing the CSC/subsample/nv12 layout all in vram/by GPU?

Longer term I have an idea how to make the DDX driver support page
flipping in this case as well, but in the meantime making the buffers
sent for presentation tiled instead of linear should allow page flipping
to be used. https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/110569/ might be
enough, which seems to be the best candidate to resolve the nouveau
VDPAU issues as well.

Doesn't help (one quick test with ddx patch).