On 18/08/17 08:23, Frank Richter wrote:
Hi,
On 17.08.2017 02:34, Brian Paul wrote:
BTW, I wonder if we would win by using lldiv().  Because this is often
use for performance measurements, so these extra division might add some
impact.

Frank, do you want to look into that? In the mean time, I'll push the patches as-is.

AFAICS, the lldiv implementation in the MSVC runtime (also used by MinGW) simply does “a = num / denom; b = num % denom;” as well, so it seems unlikely that lldiv() would give a benefit here.

I see. I thought they would try do something smarter to leverage the ISA ability to compute both at the same time, but I suppose that's left to the compiler to figure out. Thanks for checking.

Jose