Ilia Mirkin wrote:
On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 5:54 PM, Andy Furniss <adf.li...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Ilia Mirkin wrote:

As I don't have the hardware myself, I was hoping someone could confirm that this is a nouveau issue and not a more general one. Ideally this would be done by testing VDPAU on both radeonsi and
r600, as well as both the DRI3 and the DRI2 paths. Please use
mplayer for this, not mpv or mplayer2 or anything else -- all
those have various differences in how the rendering is done from
mplayer, which could account for a different final result.

Current svn mplayer + git ffmpeg, vdpau vo is OK for me on
radeonsi. Option "DRI3" "off" in amdgpu.conf for ddx is also OK.

Thanks, Andy. What version of mesa was this with?

This is with current git.

vdpau is the default (for me) with mplayer, and I have used it with git
mesas for a long time. Until yesterday I hadn't updated mplayer its self
for several months.