Welcome! From the page:

https://www.x.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas/

Might try and ping Christian König. Do you have an AMD GPU?

Benson

On 09/09/2018 09:41 AM, Naveen Naidu wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am Naveen a Junior year computer science undergrad from India. I really apologize for disturbing you all again. But I have been going through the available projects for the XorgEVoC program and the project *Piglit for VA-API *caught my attention. I have mailed last week looking out for mentors for the project, but unfortunately this email did not receive attention due to the busy schedule at Xorg I guess.

I have been working on the project since the last time I mailed asking for directions. As Alex mentioned in his reply, I have read through the piglit documentation and am now sufficiently familiar with piglit.

Things that I have done until now:-

 1. Read through the Piglit documentation (Capable of understanding
    and writing small tests using piglit)
 2. Compiled gstreamer, and also set up the gst-uninstalled environment.
 3. Understood about the architecture of gstreamer.
 4. Currently reading about VA-API.
 5. Planning to implement a simple VA-API app to better understand the
    type of tests I need to write for VA-API

I am comfortable with both C and Python and given the skill set I am confident of accomplishing the project. I would thus like to discuss the details and deliverable of the project with my potential mentor and would like to know how I can proceed with the project.

Since no potential mentor was mentioned in the Idea's Page, it would be really kind of someone if they are willing to be a mentor for the project. I can assure you that I will put the best of my efforts and dedication into the project and will see that the project is completed.

Thank you for your valuable time.

Regards,
Naveen Naidu
https://github.com/Naveenaidu