On 1.2.2019 13.08, Emil Velikov wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
>
> On 2019/01/31, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 18:33:35 +0000 Emil Velikov <emil.l.veli...@gmail.com>
>> said:
>>
>> You might want to hold off on this. My bugfix was actually patched out by
>> partly
>> removing some of it. The void ptr math should never have been there and
>> wasn't
>> in the final patch.
>>
>> I'm talking about:
>>
>> +                void *cpu2 = cpu + 8;
>>
>> In 300d3ae8b1445b5060f92c77c0f577f4b7b2c7d6
>>
>> At least with gcc8 mesa is a dud on Raspberry Pi (can't upload/downlaod
>> textures without crashing) without the fixes. I moved the secondary ptr math
>> into the ASM chunk because the C compiler seemed to just mess up cpu2 ptr
>> content/value for me on gcc8 (it also kept the parameter inputs/outputs
>> cleaner
>> and consistent with other ASM chunks). Keeping this as void ptr math alone is
>> just wrong and asking for trouble and as it unfixed a fix I already had in
>> submitted patches.
>>
>> Being at FOSDEM I now no longer have access to my OS image with all of this
>> set
>> up to test and won't until next week. I can't dig in and verify. Without my
>> fixes at all it's a dead man walking with gcc8, and thus Arch Linux is broken
>> entirely on Rpi without it (and has been for a while now).
>>
> If I understand this correctly, during the rework (by Eric I assume) some of
> your fixes got invalidated. Yet the current code and binaries produced are
> not worse off then before the patches.
>
> Thus from stable POV, we're safe, since nothing has regressed per se. We will
> apply the extra patches for the next release.

The new vc4 patches broke build on armhf:

In file included from ../src/gallium/drivers/vc4/vc4_tiling_lt_neon.c:30:
../src/gallium/drivers/vc4/vc4_tiling_lt.c: In function ‘vc4_store_utile’:
../src/gallium/drivers/vc4/vc4_tiling_lt.c:200:25: error: output operand
constraint lacks ‘=’
                         : "q0", "q1", "q2", "q3");
                         ^
../src/gallium/drivers/vc4/vc4_tiling_lt.c:181:17: error: output operand
constraint lacks ‘=’
                 __asm__ volatile (
                 ^~~~~~~
../src/gallium/drivers/vc4/vc4_tiling_lt.c:181:17: error: invalid lvalue in asm
output 0

the full log is at
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=mesa&arch=armhf&ver=18.3.3-1&stamp=1549529258&raw=0