Elie Tournier <tournier.e...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> Great topic. For the past few days, I was looking at a CI for Mesa:
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/hopetech/tracie
> OK, it's in a very very alpha stage. ;)

I did one of those things using apitrace diff-images in piglit:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/piglit/tree/master/tests/apitrace

https://github.com/anholt/trace-db

It was bad.  diff-images is too picky and you end up needing to bless
new images constantly.  I have decided to not pursue this line of
testing any further because it was so unproductive.

What I *am* interested in trying with traces for correctness testing is
using a single driver to replay trace keyframes multiple times and make
sure the image is invariant.  This could catch a large class of UB in
real world applications without needing continuous human intervention.

> @eric Out of curiosity, did you looked at apitrace or did you go
> straight with renderdoc?

Since I was only looking at perf, I didn't use apitrace (I'd tried to
use it for perf in the past and it was absolutely dominated by trace
this, but José blocked merging that.  That makes apitrace pretty dead
from my perspective.

Also, renderdoc's android capture is really nice to use.