AFAIK this was the pre-framebuffer-object / OES_surfaceless_context way of
making a context current without (really) having a bound surface. That said
I don't think Mesa actually implements that feature correctly, atm I think
you'll get a BadValue from the xcb_create_pixmap call, but patches to fix
that would be welcome.

- ajax