>Since the calling functions all should alias, all of this should be

>removed too.

The functions have to do different validations on types they are not exactly
the same. If there is some way to signal this to be done using an alias can you
please give me some advice on how to do this so I can learn.

>I think this entire patch should be removed.

I'm trying to stay positive be its hard when your emails and review have an
obvious overtone of annoyance.

The entire patch is not junk. For example the changes to the validation
function are still valid as mentioned above however you want to call them, and
the generic message_insert function is reused by the push/pop implementation.
If answer my question from above I can create a new patch.