On 10/10/2015 17:49, Marek Olšák wrote:
On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 4:15 PM, Bas Nieuwenhuizen
<b...@basnieuwenhuizen.nl> wrote:
Hi Marek,

The revised series is mostly done. I wanted to do more testing and to
try to make sure that the added cache flushes I am doing now (a
CACHE_FLUSH event before a fast clear and on switching framebuffers)
are the minimal needed.

Also, it looks like we don't need DCC decompression at all, right? It
might be better to get rid of it and only use the 3D engine to access
DCC-encoded surfaces.
I still use it for flush_resource. I could make this redundant by
sharing the DCC buffer by appending the DCC buffer to the texture
resource similarly to how the CMASK is appended to the resource of a
MSAA buffer. This has the secondary benefit of not needing to
reference as many resources for command submission.
IIRC, flush_resource is only used for shared (scanout) surfaces where
DCC is always disabled.

Marek
I think it's not a very good idea to rely on that.

It may be true for now, but may change in the future:
For example, perhaps some day wayland will tell egl
the app is not fullscreen and that a non-scanoutable buffer
can be used.

Axel Davy