Hello all,

We've received several reports lately on the Utah-GLX list about the 3Dnow
asm code not working for people with K6-IIIs. It shows up under software
fallback, so our guess is that it's a problem in the Mesa code. (that, and
I don't think we have any 3Dnow in our drivers--just mmx for texture
conversion)

In particular see:

http://lists.sourceforge.net/pipermail/utah-glx-dev/2000-March/001914.html

And the associated screen shot for the fun effects on the projection
matrix. :)

I didn't see a report of this in the list archives, so I wanted to bring
it to your attention. I don't know if this is a bug in the new processors,
or if they've changed the instruction set somewhat. Can any experts
comment?

 -ralph

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]