Peter wrote:
I think that someone in the Dev list maybe able to help me with this.

For some background, we are working on creating a backend compiler for the ARB_vertex_program languague used in Mesa. We have an IR defined, and we are currently working on the code generation to x86/SSE. I've been tasked with creating a test framework to verify that what is being created is correct. We've figured that by getting data out of the current interpreter we could verify that calculations are treated in the same fashion. E.G. the out registers in result.*

If this question is more for the users mailing list, let me know and I'll forward it there.

This is the right list.

FYI: The glean project (glean.sf.net) has some elementary vertex/fragment program tests that you might look at.

I think using the current interpreter to cross-check your compiler is a good idea. It may take some code massaging to make that happen, of course. I can answer questions if you persue that.

BTW, we welcome any comments and our wiki is located at https://projects.cecs.pdx.edu/~quintonp/arb_vertex if you are interested in looking at the progress we have made.

Regards,

Peter Quinton.

Ian, for the life of me I can't get the interpreter to execute.

the function _mesa_exec_vertex_program in the shader/nvvertexec.c file never seems to get execute when running the vp-tris program in the /progs/vp folder.

I've run DDD on it and something gets executed from the glutMainLoop. I've stepped through the code and I'm not seeing how the information that is stored when the ARB_Vertex_program is parsed gets used.

Do you have any insight into why this is?

I think this was already answered, but we've actually got several vertex program executors right now. There's the original which I wrote for NV_vertex_proram (t_vb_program.c), then Keith wrote another for ARB_vertex_program (t_vb_arbprogram.c) which converted the program to use a somewhat simplified intermediate language. This then led to the SSE code generator (t_vb_arbprogram_sse.c)

At some point we need to re-examine all this code and try to consolidate things.

-Brian