Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> On 10/5/06, Brian Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>Ian Romanick wrote:

>>>Is now the right time to move Mesa over to get?  Please? :)
>>>
>>>I'm probably going to start a long-running branch soon, and that's a
>>>much less painful experience with GIT than with CVS.  I'm sure it would
>>>also make life easier for Kristian.
>>
>>Now that I've had a little experience with git I think I'm ready to
>>make the switch.  Though, when it comes to branches and stuff I may
>>need a little hand-holding myself.
>>
>>We've got a few developers on non-Linux/Unix platforms though (are
>>there git clients for Windows, VMS, etc?)  Perhaps they can chime in
>>with their opinions first.  Silence will be assumed to be consent.
>

> It's been a few days now and there doesn't seem to be much pushback.
> If everybody is happy with the git mirror I've been running, we could
> just move that to
>
>   git://git.freedesktop.org/git/mesa.git
>
> and make the cvs repository read-only as we did for the X repos.  If
> we chown the git repo to the mesa group, everybody with cvs access
> will automatically have access to the git repo.
>
> Brian, does this sound ok to you?

After conferring with my TG coworkers, I think we'd like to do the
following:

1. Finish up the texmem_0_3 branch, and merge to trunk.
2. Release Mesa 6.5.2
3. Move to git.

The target date would be sometime next week.  I'd just like to avoid
any disruption to 1 & 2 that might occur from the move to git.

I appreciate your effort in helping with the transition, Kristian.

-Brian