Hi

I have just finished a presentation stack displaying a varying number
of gif files on each card.  It works beautifully on my 266 MHz Mac
G3.  Some of the gif files are moderately big - up to 200k - and so
the little watch shows up briefly.

But on Windows 98 on my 450 MHz P3, the larger images not only take
time but they show up grey at first sometimes for a significant time,
which does not look anything like as good.  Worse than that they stop
a colleague's 600 MHz Windows machine in its tracks!  He has three
times had to reboot.  Anyone any idea? And to cap it all the graphics
themselves even when they show do not look anything like as good on
either of the Windows machines as they do on the Mac.

At first, I thought a superior graphics card might be the answer -
but the colleague has a higher spec machine than mine, so it sounds
as if it is something else.  Obviously, we will be experimenting on
other machines, but if anyone else has had problems like this please
let me know.  This is for a CD which has to go out by November and
will have other stacks like this, so it is quite urgent!

Incidentally, the reason for using gifs is that the original version
was written in HTML for browser display - Metacard does a much better
job of course!

Any comments welcome. Many thanks in advance.

Mike Yates