As a possible method to add the facility to have the development environment
open when a stack is opened directly, I thought that I could modify the
templatestack (from which all stacks are generated with create stack) to
include a preopenstack handler that automatically opened the home stack
(which then opens...).  Neat idea, I thought, and it should work on all
systems.

Not on the mac.  Although you can open the template stack, any attempt to
edit it crashes my mac completely (freeze, bomb, necessary to cold start,
etc. --- I mean a major crash!).  Metacard 2.3.1, b&w G3, system 9.04.

Presumably, I could set the templatestack stack script (I'll try that next)
rather than open the stack and then edit it, but I thought the bug should be
brought to everyone's attention.
--
"Freedom of religion includes freedom from religion"

John R. Vokey, Ph.D.
Chair
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience
University of Lethbridge