We will soon be going into ebooks in a very major way. . .I am wondering how
is Metacard situated as a possible tool of choice for this market. It seems
ideal. The two most common formats are PDF and HTML. With the latter being
the most flexible, Metacard would seem to be a knock out publishing
platform. Especially, obviously, if we get image rendering in line with
text.  One could dump a book from Quark Express into HTML, use section
breaks as page/card delimiters, load it into a stack, import the art here
and there, make a dynamic clicktext glossary etc. all pretty simple
scripting. But the key issue will be small device compatibility.
  What small devices does MC work on now, and what does it not work on now.
. . and does any one have any insights on where the trend for the small
device market will take us in terms of the OS. i.e  five years from now hand
held be running on what?

Hinduism Today

Sivakatirswami
Editor's Assistant/Production Manager