on 9/13/00 4:36 PM, Dave Cragg at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> If you need to control the visibility from the calling stack, I think
> you can use the following (from memory):
>
> open invisible stack theStackFile

This worked. I also had a vague memory about the invisible keyword, but I
didn't see it in the MetaCard documentation. It is in the SuperCard (not
HyperCard) documentation. I did see in the MetaCard docs that "open" in this
sense is simply mapped to "go" in MetaCard, so:

go invisible stack theStackFile --worked as well

I assume the

on preOpenStack
   hide this stack
end preOpenStack

solution would also work. This one I should have thought of--I _must_ stop
trying to code in my sleep! :-)

Thanks to all who answered,

Geoff