>HTML (tags missing)
>
>input type=file" name="tupload"
>
>produces a text field and a "browse..."  button on a web page allowing the
>user to select a file on their machine. When the Form is submitted my MC cgi
>stack is passed the path of the file. Is there anyway to 'suck' the file up
>from their machine (I've seen it done with PERL scripts).

The server must support either POST or even better PUT (see the RFC) and provide a
mechanism for reading the data coming in from the client. In other words the server
doesn't need the path on the remote client; the client needs it in order for it to
know which file to POST or PUT. The server receives whatever comes in and writes it to
a local file.
Hope that answered your question.

>Any pointers would be gratefully appreciated...
>
>TIA
>
>Gary Rathbone

Regards, Andu