On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Brian Thomas wrote:

> I've heard anecdotes about how much Scott Raney despises the way the Mac
> operating system handles memory. I've noticed myself how easy it is to
> crash my MetaCard apps due to memory issues.  OS X should resolve this
> issue. So I'd like to know if there has been any announcements about how
> swiftly MetaCard will be carbonized for OS X. Since MetaCard and OS X are
> both grounded in Unix ought this not to be a relatively easy task? Other
> carbon apps are already out.

Could be, but only if they violated their license agreement for
Codewarrior, the Mac OS X beta versions of which specifically shipping
an app compiled with them.  But both Codewarrior 6 and the Mac OS X
public beta finally shipped this week and the MetaCard "carbonization"
process is already done, and so it shouldn't be too long a wait before
we'll be able to start public testing of the new engine.

But you should keep in mind that the final release of Mac OS X is
many, many months away and while it might make a good development
platform before then, there probably won't be a large enough installed
base to bother with making distributions for that platform until
sometime next year.
  Regards,
    Scott