In a message dated 02/16/2000 4:25:09 PM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I am asking this question at the risk of being ridiculized by the entire
 list.  I have created a card stack called index with a card containing 10
 buttons.  Each button is supposed to open a stack. All stacks to be open
 and the index stack are in the same directory (mc.exe is in another
 directory). The script of the button is:

 on mouseUp
    go stack the short name of me
 end mouseUp

 When I click on the button, nothing happens. Please, be nice in your
 answers: I am learning and I am not a programmer.  Many thanks,

 Sal >>

If you are running off mc.exe, the paths need to be from the directory where
mc.exe resides.  Thus you would need something like:

 on mouseUp
    put "tDirectory/" & the short name of me into stackName
    go stack stackName
 end mouseUp

If the stack with the list was a standalone, the path would be from it and
what you had would be fine.

Philip Chumbley

Philip Chumbley

This is the MetaCard mailing list.