Ken ,

Yes, I've tried that already and it doesn't help much...

Actually, IMHO it doesn't look like a simple redraw issue.
As I wrote before, random portions of the image on layer 1
flicker...
Replacing & re-importing that image didn't change anything...

I'm starting to think seriously that my stack is corrupted...