Guenther Fischer wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Jacob Levy wrote:
You (and we) need a little more information:
[...]
It is a starpack with the latest version of tclkit - the windows version
is build on linux. tclkit is the build fron equi4.com.

For issues regarding starpacks and tclkit, it is probably more effective to post to the starkit mailing list, see:

The error comes only with this one DB created with my application (a wine
databes programm). There are many other users - I never see it before. I
user tclkit/metakit for some years for this project (free software). I
think there are some bad data in the database (disk error or what ever)
and this data are needed for indexing or so.

The one unexplained problem on Windows, and it might even be a regression from previous releases, is a reported corruption when the datafile is on a file server. So this should definitely be something to find out.

Every other case I know of was caused by opening more than once.

The bad news: datafile corruption in MK tends to damage real bad. It usually does not damage records but entire *columns*. So when trying to extract data, your best bet is to try to not extract all properties.

Quick things to try:
- does "sdx mkinfo <datafile>" give meaningful details?
- also see the mk2tcl starkit on http://mini.net/sdarchive/
- sometimes readkit.tcl can read what MK itself cannot

-jcw