Nicholas Riley wrote:

I'm almost finished with my Mk4py work, finally.  Down from about 20
items on my to-do list to two, at least. :-)

Wow, great!

Anyway, one more question. Should this work?

metakit.storage().getas('blah[x:S,y:I]').structure()
[]

Because this does:

s = metakit.storage()
s.getas('blah[x:S,y:I]').structure()
[Property('S', 'x'), Property('I', 'y')]

This is correct behavior in the current design. Storages are not "kept open" by views. Their cleanup causes all views associated with them to become empty.

Should access to orphaned views throw an exception?

That would indeed be another way to treat this (and probably useful to help detect incorrect use), but it would require some redesign of the C++ core.

-jcw