Brian Kelley wrote:
If you are threading with python, you can simply

st = metakit.storage(...)

and share st between threads.  This doesn't work between processes,
but the GIL (global interpreter lock) will automagically lock for you.
 This really means that only one python thread will run at a time when
you are doing metakit stuff, but I haven't found this to be too big of
an issue.

thanks. unfortunately, I do need interprocess locking. It's a CGI environment and I can't quite figured out a simple way to do a threaded daemon process to CGI bridge. unfortunately, it's just one of those "get it done" projects I need to do. Maybe I should stick metakit into a multithreaded xmlrpc daemon and tell it what I need to do that way.

(no,no eric, just get it done... cries the voices in my head :-)

---eric