i have used just such a path in the past.  i had no trouble opening
and reading the store.
i did have trouble writing to it; it would become corrupt.  that
problem has been mentioned on this list before.

i haven't tried that is some time, and it was probably with an earlier
version of metakit, and with VC6 on XP.  the remote machines may have
been win2k.

On 1/26/06, phil bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can't find the correct syntax to open a shared network file, readonly, on
> WinXp using VC7.
>

> e.g. "c4_Storage store("\\\\shared\\myfile.db",0);" doesn't
> work (nor do any back-slash or forward-slash variants I've tried).
>

> The file does exist and can be opened, and used, over the network from
> mk4tcl – no trouble.
>

> Don't laugh, please advise on the correct technique.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Phil Bennett
>

> --

mARK bLOORE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>