Brian Kelley schrieb:
Well, I should get off my butt here.   I agree that the metakit
interface needs to be rewritten and I have started a swig'd version
that is going slowly.  The first pass is a "low-level" interface that
acts like C++.  If anyone wants to help me flesh it out, I'll start a
sourceforge repository so we can make the second pass to be more
pythonic.

After working a bit with the existing codebase, I thought the best thing to do, was to clean it up a bit, remove some C++ magic and be done with it - after all this is working code. JCW is a bit quiet on this topic and so my motivation to heavily patch the python interface is near zero as this makes
integrating patches made in the metakit cvs repository a pain in the ass.

Anyway, I'd be interested to see your code and would, if time permits, also spent some time working
on it.

You know Joel's attitude on this topic?

BTW, python hosting offers free hosting for open source python projects:
http://www.python-hosting.com/freetrac
They offer trac+subversion, but no mailing list.

- Ralf