Scroll to the bottome for today's listings

Hello all-

I have been asked by one of our list members to assist in the sale of his meteorite collection as his son has taken ill. He is self employed and many of you out there know how lousy private insurance can be. This is not a sale that can be run over a great amount of time as the bills are piling up rapidly and his son is thus far no better and in need of further testing.

It is with a heavy heart that he came to me with his collection of ~300 pieces with a retail value of ~$50,000 and asked me to help.

There are many world class pieces here and I intend to show them all to you over the next month. What I am going to do is list for you folks 10 meteorites each day with brief info including price and a link to photos. From that time you folks will have one day to purchase them direct. The next day I will list those that did not sell on eBay and give you a crack at 10 more...and so on.

Speed is key here, no holds, no day after inquiries, no counter offers the price is the price. I will get these out as fast as possible via priority mail for $4 US and $5.50 foreign unless otherwise stated. First reply takes the piece and if I don't get back to you then you were not the first reply. Sorry for seeming rude but time is of the essence and it will hold me up as well as delay medical treatment for his son if I stop and reply to everyone who didn't win.

The photo link will be to my Yahoo Photos where you will find folders labeled Monday-Sunday. Just click whatever day it is and find the photos.

I WILL NOT disclose any information on who the owner is, that is confidential information and I feel I've already said enough.

I don't want to upset any of you who don't like constant ads, so the name of the thread will stay the same each day and I will only be posting to MetCent so you will not receive these in triplicate. If I get flamed for these sales then I will stop the offerings here and use eBay only. The text will continue to be shown each day for any who missed it all somehow but the pieces and prices at the bottom will be different.

Finally, please be patient, this is a lot to sell and I lack the streamlined precision of some of our eBay Powersellers out there. Doing the best I can to clear this out so our friend can get on with things.

  • I accept cash, check, PayPal, money orders
  • Sorry, no trades
  • I will hold delivery on request but payment must be made for each one, less shipping after the first. Let me know when to send them
  • I will try to end the eBay leftovers to end between 6 and 8pm
  • I will try to list to you folks between 6 and 10pm

So, without further ado allow me to present:

  1. Smara AEUC Africa 3.364 gram partslice $100
  2. Wellington H5 Texas 7.8 gram polished partslice $25
  3. Canyon Diablo IA Arizona 650 gram individual $185
  4. Gibeon IVA 208.4 gram beautiful etched slice $209
  5. Salaices H4 3.25 gram thin slice $7
  6. Glorietta Mountain Pal museum quality thin etched 39.23 gram with two crusted edges $1500
  7. Kapoeta HOW Sudan 0.35 gram fragment $78
  8. Gail H4 Texas9.3 gram polished partslice $25
  9. Murchison CM2 Australia 4.0 gram fragmentwith ~70% crust $150
  10. Tatahouine ADIO Tunisia 2.13 gram fragment $15

....and the URL, thanks Robert Verish

Keep an eye on eBay too as some of these are bound to reappear.

More tomorrow

--
Rob Wesel