Hi Mike and List Members,

>I am the widow of the former ruler of Timbuktoo and I >have

This scam as been around since the day after Al Gore invented the internet
(just kidding, about Gore that is).  I used to receive these things via the
postal service and I routinely used to turn them over to the investigations
unit but like the Campo del Cielo that was lost enrout to Norway last
December, I have yet to hear back from the USPS.

>IS THERE A GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY TO >WHICH I CAN REPORT EACH
>TURKEY THAT DOES THIS?

Yes, but they are located in Timbuktoo :-)

Seriously, there probably is but what good would it do.  Your email address
was harvested by an automated piece of code, placed in a database and
matched to various versions of that letter, then sent to you.  The process
is completely automated - unless of course you send some money :-)

Besides, you can't even get live telemarketers to stop calling, so I doubt
anyone can stop these guys.

-Walter

Walter Branch, Ph.D.
Branch Meteorites