To Al and list,.

That's a great write-up about that subject Al. I can't recall either if that
particular subject has been broached. Invariably, when collecting, one might
also consider having a "traveling collection" put together as well. Small
slices / specimens of the different representative major classes are useful
when showing to co-workers, groups etc. I also have one fairly nice sizeable
(cheap) NWA replete with internal surface showing as well as fresh fusion
crust. This is the sample that I pass around and have handled.

And if someone drops it? I just refer to the previous posts!   ;-)
Seriously though, Bernd'd suggestion of a thin slice is also useful for a
more complete collection, and possibly could be added to the "traveling
collection" as well.

Best to all,

Steven L. Sachs IMCA # 9210  www.geocities.com/gangwise/meteorite.html