Dear Listees:

For anyone who would like to know more about Steve Schoner's amazing exploits, please see my article "Legend of Glorieta Mountain," which was the cover story for the February 2001 issue of "Meteorite" magazine.

This article was based on extensive interviews that I conducted with Steve, and is illustrated with photos taken by Darryl Pitt and Harald Stehlik, as well as an old b/w snapshot of a young Steve Schoner in the company of the one and only H.H. Nininger.

I realize that back issues of "M" are very hard to obtain, so I'd be happy to email a copy of the article (sans photos, unfortunately) to anyone who is interested. Email me off-list please.

Steve is a very determined man. He survived a close encounter with a bear while meteorite hunting in New Mexico -- and several other very close calls -- so I'm betting that he'll pull through this one too.

Regards,

Geoff N.