I received a handwritten letter from some old folks in Reno, NV, who want to sell two meteorites that they found years ago on their property (40 acres). They need to raise some money in order to keep from losing the property. Yes, it sounds like a scam, but the letter looks sincere.

It's likely that the rocks are not meteorites, but their request is, "Can you maybe point out someone local who might be interested in buying them?"

So, if there is anyone out there who'd be willing to check this out, let me know.

Randy Korotev
St. Louis