Dear List Members,

You are going to think we are insane announcing this but we feel it is important.  We acquired a computer game still in the box that was struck by a meteorite inside a house on Dunham street in the Park Forest neighborhood.  This is from the same site that Mike Farmer purchased the House Hammering stone.  This game box acted as a receptacle trapping some fragments from the meteorite, wood from the attic and sheet rock from the ceiling.  While examining the contents of the game box under a microscope we were shocked to see the following objects:

Dumbbell shaped glassy forms
Teardrop shaped glassy forms
Rod shaped glassy forms
Patty shaped glassy forms with sunken centers
Ball shaped glassy forms

Dumbbell

Dumbbell and Teardrop

Mixture of several types

These are all the same shapes you will find in Tektites, yet these cannot be called impactites since the meteorite did not melt any objects when it crashed through the roof.  This is no joke so you collectors in the field may want to revisit the houses that were struck by meteorites and collect the debris left behind before it is too late.  We do not know the scientific importance of this discovery but will find out soon since the University of Washington is interested in pursuing these strange objects.  It has been suggested that these objects may have come from the ablation train left behind by this fall.  It is our hope that more of this material is collected before it is too late.

All the Best

Adam Hupe