Hi all. Mike when you went there (Chelyabinsk) did you actually search for specimens or did you just purchase from people that already had collected them? Where did all your specimens go? As a regular Buyer from you, was kind of waiting for your specimens to be offered up for sale but must of missed them.
Thanks
Don
----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Farmer" <m...@meteoriteguy.com>
To: "Derek Yoost" <mine...@optonline.net>
Cc: "Meteoritelist" <Meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 8:25 AM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Chalyabinsk rusting

Yes, months of melting snow and rains tend to oxidize meteorites.
Why do you think I rushed over there in the snow and got all I could?
The pre-melt material is exquisite.
The newly found is still quite nice and some are nearly flawless still, but many show mild to moderate oxidation.
Michael Farmer

Sent from my iPhone