Hello Adam,
Your statements confuse me.  At what point is a "slice" no longer a
"slice," but a "slab," and at which point does later subdivision of a
slice/slab render it not worthwhile to record the original
slice/slab's weight for purposes of deeming it a record-breaking cut?

It seems like you're using a very specific definition of "complete
slice" to deem this a record-breaking event.  Though, not knowing the
weight of the largest slice/slab of 61016 (or other lunar samples), I
find such proclamations...odd.

As to "who cares?" -- apparently you do, since you're making the claims.

I'm all for publicity, but if one's going to make claims regarding
quantitative numbers, one should be able to back them up -- and
probably have the weights of the largest previously cut Apollo sample
slices/slabs on hand to support it.  Eyeing a photo and saying "it
looks like it weighs less" doesn't quite cut it.

I can speak for Marlin's fine work, and have no doubt he did a fine
job on the slices.  But that's beside the point.

Regards,
Jason

www.fallsandfinds.com

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Adam Hupe <raremeteori...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Jason,
>

> I looked at the link and what you are calling a complete slice is a slab.  If
> we are going for the world record slab cut, then Marlin still has it.
>
> The largest slab cut from NWA 5000 was as follows:
>
> 3,538 grams
> 238mm X 219mm X 52mm
>
> Of course, this slab was subdivided into five of the worlds largest Lunar
> complete slices which was the intent from the beginning.  Just like NASA
> always intended to subdivide the 61016 slab for testing.  I would estimate
> the 61016 slab to be less than half the size and weight of the NWA 5000 slab
> that Marlin produced.
>
> Who cares?  Marlin did a wonderful preparation job and is to be commended on
> a new world record!
>

> Adam

>>> 5000 complete slices.  He broke a world record which I previously held for
>>> 5-1/2 years for preparing the single complete slice known as the