"Barry Schuler's Meteor"

OK, I aslo had been hearing about this ... let me share what a quick check up
on it yielded:  Nothing meteoric about this besides a 5 cent label (Does the
owner collect meteorites?  I dunno).

Looks to me like the "meteor" name was was inspired from the company Medior,
Inc. in the 1990's.  Mr. Schuler went bankrupt with his prior Internet bubble
company.  Not content with that, Medior was incorporated as a company that took
its name from adding *media* content ... mainly to Apple and AOL as it turned
out.  Eventually AOL took it over and with him in management worked through
inflating valuations until they could take over Time-Warner in the world's most
lopsided, poorly made merger imaginable.

At that time AOL (which included Medior attempting to "develop AOL further) was
widely hated by almost everyone on the Internet due to their marketing and
billing practices.  When AOL crashed and burned, the owner's golden parachute
and his 1990's sweet dream in life was to make it big and retire in a vineyard
with his business partner he married then.  The first commercial single-origin
bottles (vs sold to blenders) were produced in 2005 and and more quantities in
2006.  Since 2013, the 2006 is supposed to be entering its prime, which should
continue another 8 years or so.  Since the price has been edging down it looks
like it is not doing as well as they hoped.

Anyway, the meteor business is purely a marketing label, unless you consider
all the river rocks (could be viewed as meteor-wrongs!) that were scattered
throughout the vineyard, there is nothing interesting here.

From the folks who brought you AOL, and made you hate it, over $100 per bottle
shipped (at 59% off "list" today only), the only meteoric thing I can find to
review about this wine is its price ... *gulp* (gulps on sale are $10 ea.)...

That said, if you think it tastes good, that would be thanks to the couple
working the land that put their heart and soul into administering the place and
I wish them well as all hard-working American farmers!  Disclaimer:  Never
tasted it, and probably never will.

I predict that wine futures of this beverage will crash and burn in its time
... like any good meteor, after the lights go out, just like AOL which
incidentally is currently an excellent service for economical email under new
management that is no longer looking at creating a modern-day tulipmania and
cashing in before brick and mortar folk have time to mull over what's happening
:-)

Kindest wishes
Doug