Hi Paul and all,

The blue halide crystals were found early on in Zag. I believe they
were found in other meteorites (Monahans, Tx?) but information has a
way of finding it's way back into the public eye. Don't have
information handy right now but thought I would comment.

 Yes, they were packed out by camel and the camel sweat story was a
part of the story. Perhaps ET will comment as he brought out a number
of specimens from this fall in 1998.

--AL Mitterling
Mitterling Meteorites

 Quoting Paul Gessler via Meteorite-list
<meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>:

Blue Salt Crystals discovered in ZAG

No wonder my large grapefruit  sized piece started oxidizing so
rapidly.
I remember the story was that the oxidation was caused by camel
sweat
while they were being transported out of the desert.
Anyone else remember that story???
what color is camel sweat?

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/11/world/meteorites-organic-matter-life/index.html

-Paul Gessler