Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 9:31 AM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] eBay Sellers list, eBay name change

In a message dated 08/07/03 17:09:51 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

About six months ago, I was getting as much spam as I was getting mail from
this list.  I changed my ISP and started off with a different email address
and had remarkable results.  For the first three months, I got almost no
spam.  Then the numbers started increasing.  Maybe the solution is to
change your email address a couple of times a year.

Hi John and all.
A few weeks ago, I was looking over my 16 year old son's shoulder while he was online, and noticed that he was deleting several spam emails from his mailbox......some of which had some pretty ominous sounding subject lines!! Not wanting him to be exposed to this kind of stuff, I insisted that I closed his AOL email address and opened up a new one for him. He wasn't particularly impressed by this idea, but I had the last word on the matter ;-)
His new AOL email address took only a few moments to set up and everything seemed fine. Unfortunately, when he went online with his new email address the very next morning, the spammers had already left him a couple of emails.
Given that his new email address had only existed for a matter of 12 hours or so and that he hadn't sent any emails yet, it looks as though the spammers are always one step ahead of us!

Cheers,
Rob.

Rob Elliott
www.meteorites.uk.com