Hello to all,

at the moment I´d buy Brahins from a reliable seller,
usually all IMCA members are that...;-  Also Finmet on
eBay have sure pure and fresh pieces. (Not an AD.)

The point of view is, there is still 150 kg:s of Shirokovsky
pseudo left, and if you are not familiar with Brahin and the
seller is unknown, it seems to me, there is a possibility to
have a piece of this stuff, not a big one, but anyway.

Just my thoughts, but if I had 150 kg:s Shirokovsky in my
garage...well, before to build a nice statue with that material,
I sure may had some other thoughts too...;-

take care,

pekka

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

jediwebdude:

I see a
number of Brahin pieces on eBay and am wondering if
these are legitimately meteorite objects.

Well, it's a little difficult to say "yes" to every possible specimen at any given moment, from so many different dealers, but I can't remember seeing an ebay Brahin offering recently, which appeared to be questionable.  Pallasites are so unique in appearance that it would be prohibitively difficult to fabricate or substitute something (which makes the Shirokovsky situation all the more remarkable).

Always a good idea to look for the "IMCA" logo in a meteorite dealer's auction  -  the International Meteorite Collector's Association is a largely-self-policing organization, and its members are dedicated to authenticity.

       Gregory

--

Pekka Savolainen
Jokiharjuntie 4