------------- Forwarded message follows -------------

> Just a thought,
>
> Are there any close up images taken in the moments
> before atmosphic entry showing a horizon view of
> Jupiter's upper atmosphere, maybe showing the
> cloudtops and the plantets curve against space?
>
> This would be very interesting.
>
> Steve Schoner/ams

Steve:

While such an image could probably be taken, I suspect there is
insufficient time to complete transmission of the file before the
spacecraft disintegrates. (Recall that Galileo's high-gain antenna never
fully deployed, and the data-transfer rate through the low-gain antenna
is SLOW.)

Mark

--
CoreComm Webmail.