Hello list, Hi Jim,

as I’m living in Munich and the Munich show is my home fair, I think I’m predestined to give you my impressions about this show.

But first I have to introduce myself, because I’m joining this list only since two weeks, amused about the exchange of insults between the dealers ( Bruno, Mike, Matteo et.al: My prices are even cheaper! :-) and really glad that there is someone else on the list, who helps me not to be so ashamed of my poor English….

My name is Martin Altmann and like Jim I’m from the group of astronomical enthusiasts. First in contact with meteorites I got as twelve year old boy, of course during the Munich fair 20 years ago, where I acquired my first specimen. Uh, I was so proud – three weeks later I found out, that it was only a tektite. But next year I bought my first real meteorite, a small Mundrabilla from german meteorite pope Walter Zeitschel.

Well the meteorite prices were paradisiacally cheap at those times, but as a pupil I couldn’t afford much and had always pangs of conscience in spending all my pocket-money for meteorites, regarded from my fellows and my family as a complete idiot . Later when the prices grew and grew due to the upcoming internet, I was forced to start to deal a little bit with meteorites to keep my collection growing like many others do. I’m running a homepage ( www.meteorite-martin.de , www.meteorite-martin.com ), but because of a lack of time I’m not able to keep it updated (for the case, that someone is interested in my assortment for sale or trade, I gladly will mail an actual list) and most stuff I’m selling via ebay (ID: pardelmops). My collection is small but extremely conservative, I try to focuse on classical localities – meteorites with “names”, not with numbers – and from those I like most observed falls.

Because the space for postings is limited, I have to split my report from the show into 3 parts....